You have seen the websites from the year 1996, and you must have enjoyed its success but it is important to update your website according to the current algorithms. So, if you still have those ancient websites, then you must get rid of it, if you really want success in your business. Some elements on your website can affect your SEO. Consequently the conversion rates will also be affected negatively.
Here are some of the elements of web designing which you must get rid of:
- Banner ads: You must not place ugly ads and too many ads on your website. Google looks at the websites and devalues those pages which have lot of ads on their websites. You must fill the ads in natural way on natural spaces. Besides this readers or the users also don’t like the ads which appear on the websites in between. These ads actually distract the users from your site as they are not able to read the information or the content clearly. Besides this most of the websites owners put ads in between the content, which when accidentally clicked by the user gets opened and hence disturbs the user and hence lowers the conversion rate. It is better to put relevant banner ads because it is mostly placed above the navigation bar and don’t distract the user from website but ensure that the ads should not be ugly. Besides this, the ads which are too flashy in motion or colors should not be placed on website.
- Narrow width: another element of the website of late 90’s is narrow spacing. In 90’s, mostly there were CRT monitors of resolution 800×600. So a single website was enough. But now, due to the great advancement in technology, many devices like iPhones, iPads, and androids with different resolution or screen sizes have been introduced. All these devices support internet browsing and most of the users use these devices for surfing internet. Therefore it has become essential to build such a website which is compatible to all devices. This can be done by designing responsive website. Responsive website design is a design which displays the content or the information according to the screen size. Therefore, user can view your website easily and effectively. It is the future of web.
- Tables: Gone are those days, when websites are designed using tables. This time went and more effective methods have developed for structuring the website and tables are now started disappearing. It is true that search engines can read tables but it will give your website a look of 1995. If your site looks like oldies then the visitors will think that your website content would also be old. Tables make your code more bulky.
- Splash page: A splash page refers to a page which appears before the loading of the home page. There are billions of reasons for not using the splash page. Here I have discussed few of them:
- They are useful to the new visitors but many of the visitors not appreciate it. At the same time ongoing use will include returning of visitors. If you let them go through splash page every time, then there are lesser chances of being returned.
- Some visitors will not click on the button and return back. Hence, you will lose the new visitor.
- Splash page adds another layer on your site which search engine has to crawl. The more complicated your website is, the lesser are the chances of being crawled and indexed fully.
- Dynamic URL structure: You must avoid using dynamic URL structure. Some of the reasons why this URL structure should be avoided:
- Users don’t like this type of URL. Most of the users click on those URL’s which provide some meaningful string of characters related to their search. They will expect to find the suitable content by clicking on that URL.
- Search engines don’t like dynamic URL’s
Summary: Due to the great advancement in technology, it is necessary to drop out the ancient elements and methods involved in web designing and development for effective internet marketing.